Saturday, March 31, 2012

Submission for CURIOzine

      I figured it wouldn't hurt to show you what I made for this. It's a zine that is open to everyone to submit to so if anyone has some time make sure to check out the due date for the next one. So far it looks like a lot of cartoonist folks are submitting and hopefully there's enough people so that it can come out next month! The theme is Tiny Worlds and it's kind of exciting how each person is taking it. Some are referencing literature, some recent films and the styles are so different that the final product should be kind of great. So make sure to check the link in a week or two!

became sort of obsessed with cactus' and liked the idea of destitute cowboys living in them. Dreamy Destitute Cowboys. 

but I forgot to read the required dimensions so I frankensteined it together with the tiny original sketch to kind of point directly to how I collage in my work.

There were quite a few incarnations and goofing around with colors and this subdued cropped down version was kind of nice. For that background image I cut out a small piece of an old postcard. I think I'm going to start collecting postcards.
(Oh. And I started a twitter so if you want in on that hot mess come on over!)

No comments:

Post a Comment