Monday, March 26, 2012

For Chris

Oh no! Yeah... and that cat hair was intentional to show you the scale mmmhmmm

Embroidery tends to look pretty insignificant and small in person, so I love blown up cropped shots that show off the work. Am thinking of submitting this to an online publication called CURIO for their Small Worlds theme if I can't come up with anything else.

     And For Chris: GRACE JONES! I know that all those who were formally taught to do embroidery would be horrified by the backs of what I make, but the jumps in fiber and chaos is something that I look forward to when I turn the final product over. That something develops unintentionally definitely reinforces the concept of portraiture by alluding to something that can't be gleaned from surface characteristics. But then if I'm aware can it even be called chaos?

Make sure to Visit Chris' Blog as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment