Sunday, June 17, 2012

Frida

 A portrait of Frida Kahlo. I love her work as well as the myth-like way her story is told. 

Trying to utilize what all my print making classes have taught me and combining it with the infinite possibilities of working digitally. A long time ago I had a huge prejudice against digital work because most of what I saw looked very cheap, but the more I work with it the more I appreciate what it can do.  There's something very invigorating about a medium that responds almost instantaneously to your thought process, it feels almost like writing in a journal. Plus because it doesn't require the same temporal linear nature of sketch-refine-color done it bypasses some of the beaurocracy of what it means to make a "finished work". I can have everything going on at once and change any part of the process to my hearts content. 
playing with the colors, really loving the effect of the glowing blue in the middle blossom
It's time travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment